Friday, 18 December 2009

inspirations....

I want to spread a little love for some of the blogs that are inspiring me...

First, Curious Nature, a collaborative blog by two photographers, Mariana Ciliberto and Charlotte Dickson, who live on either side of the North Sea, and post the most gorgeous photographs. Their last few posts have been called 'Woodgrain', 'Orange', 'Creases' and 'Pattern' - delicious titles. I found it by accident, it is a very new blog and I hope they keep going for a long long time.

I am enjoying Emma J Lannie's blog Gargling with Vimto at the moment, as she has embarked on Josie Long's project 'One Hundred days to make me a better person'. Emma has inspired me with her commitment to do the following things every day for 100 days: 1.Learn a new word or phrase in Icelandic, 2.Do something creative. 3. Blog about it. I am love with the idea of Emma learning Icelandic, apparently Ég er að skrifa means I am writing.

Fleurfatale is the blog of a jewellrey designer who lives in Belgium, and I love her necklaces. I have been inhabiting her blog and her etsy shop with great regularity, and if anyone should like an idea of what to get me (or in fact anyone else) for Christmas, it's probably a little late now, but I love this purple necklace...



Cary Walker at little blue love is another artist's blog that inspires me. I love her cute little felt animals, her inspiration thursday, and her 'how to...' blogs where she takes us into the process of her work, and her photographs of her christmas decorations, gosh, are just beautiful



please please visit her blog and maybe buy a couple of cute christmas gifts, from a real artist, (as opposed to a big horrible corporation).

I'm sure this blog needs no introduction, but I wanted to say, how much I'm enjoying Scott Pack's Advent Calender of books and his Books of the year countdown. There is everything to love about Scott's Me and My Big Mouth blog, if you love blogs about books, it is a feast!

I've been following Fiona Robyn's Planting Words for well over a year now, and it has filled my whole year with inspirations: about writing, about the world around us, about buddhism, therapy, life, sometimes small things like a little robin on her fence, sometimes huge things that change life. I love her approach to life, I think she is a very wise, aware person, who observes life in her blog (and her novels) beautifully. I read her blog avidly, and would feel a little lost if it ever disappeared. Strange, how sometimes we feel as though we know people who we have never met, because they share of themselves so kindly in their writing, Fiona is one of these beautiful people.

I have other favourites that I always click onto and read avidly, writing blogs mainly. They hopefully don't need a mention because I always rave about them to all kinds of people, but just in case I will quickly say... thank you to Sally @ Tinkering Times, the lovely Taniawrites, and crazy Nik's blog with his drawings of stories and all kinds of literary devilment. There are many more, but I would be here until January if I carried on...

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Annie, thank you for the feast of recommendations and all the very best for 2010 x

susan stewart said...

Thanks Annie for your blog reviews which I am going to check out.