Tuesday, 27 April 2010

Dear Everybody....

I recently finished reading this STUNNING book.


written by this very talented man.

It's not often I am wordless when it comes to describing a book, but all I can say is how I loved it. I thought it was one of the most beautiful, quirky, sad novels I have ever read.

You can watch a film previewing the book here.

Inspired by Dear Everybody..

and also the wonderful blog Thx Thx Thx of which I am a ardent fan

the one hundred days to make me a better person project, I followed one or two people as they carried out their hundred days challenge, especially this inspiring lady, who did all kinds of creative things including a lot of beautiul cutting up of books

and now this other very inspiring lady is taking a photo of something that makes her happy everyday for 100 days.

So, these things have all helped me decide. I'm going to write a little letter or note or list of gratitudes every day for the next 100 days, and I might post them here. It will help me appreciate NOW more, and be grateful for the little things in my life, and also to focus on the positives (because I feel I need to practice all of these things...)

3 comments:

SallyF said...

I love that you're doing this. I've decided my 'thing' for this year is to try and get back into photography again, properly. And do more (ie some / any!) workshops. And to make time to meet new contacts purely to find out what they do and what they've got on the go. I love that we do these things. Sorry I don't see enough of you but it's partly because I feel like we communicate pretty much every day just by having the same sort of thoughts and feelings about things - is that odd, do you know what I mean? xx

annie clarkson said...

Thanks Sal x I know exactly what you mean, so glad you are in my life now, after that 16 year gap! xx

ANTHONY SIDES said...

After the 100 gratitudes, or in parallel with them, you might benefit from 100 days of acknowldgement - each one acknowledging a quality or action or attitude of yourself.
I picked it up from Rhonda Britten -www.fearlessliving.org/files/eletters/May07_E-Letter.htm -
The gratitudes help you appreciate your life and the acknowledgements help you appreciate you. If the second one makes you uncomfortable, you'll definitely benefit from it.
x