Sunday, 20 March 2011

A little round up...

I'm writing another short story commission, very exciting and on the hush hush, can't say much about it, although I am venturing into science fiction for the first time, and hope it will be worth it. I have a couple of readings coming up in April, that I will 'announce' in due course... I have written the odd poem this year, some reviews (online soon...) and am kind of nearly almost writing a script, just need to find the TIME.

Work is a stress. I'll say no more. It's necessary and sometimes rewarding, but I wish I had more time for myself.

I'm loving PJ Harvey's Let England Shake and Radiohead's King of Limbs, both are on repeat, and I'm not getting bored of them. I'm getting hooked by Mad Men. I loved The Fighter. I wish I had more money because there is a ton of music, film, gigs, theatre I would love to indulge in but just can't. I've not seen my friends as much recently and miss them, come on lovely friends, let's get together...x

Probably one reason for having less time is that I'm still enjoying a bit of romance. I'm squeezing him into my already busy and very full life, and he's very lovely, I can tell you. Ha. And he's not run a mile yet. Even after experiencing my grumpy emotional witchy side. Watch this space...

And of course, my allotment. I've been a bit slow getting started with the allotment this year. But thought I would give you a sneaky peek...


My new greenhouse! Thanks to Eric and Young Dave, I now have a beautiful square greenhouse. Eric acquired me it from freecycle, picked it up for me in three different trips, and the two of them put it together, with donations of flagstones from John the Gardener. I'm so lucky and very very pleased.

It has been cleaned, hosed down, dug over, and is now planted with many seeds... today I have planted tomatoes, aubergines, cabbages, broccoli, sprouts, squash, basil, sweet peas, sunflowers, leeks, and they are in my new greenhouse waiting to germinate. Also planted outdoors parsnips, radish, spring onions and beetroots.

I need to get my bum in gear and dig dig dig so I can plant everything out when it's ready. I have loads more seeds to plant, and potatoes chitting nicely in the kitchen. I have missed the allotment. I'm finding it hard to find the time and motivation to fully get back into it, but I think these lighter nights will help, and hopefully soon a bit more warmth. It's still very bitter out, up here in the north.

2 comments:

sonia said...

you have been busy! you are way ahead of me and it's warmmer down south! well done.

Megan said...

Not that bitter. Lovely men who aren't scared of witches and readings and stories coming up...
have lots of fun, Ms Clarkson
m x