Tuesday, 14 February 2012

V Day poem...

Last year, I was just falling in love and wrote this poem for my friend Vanessa who was a little heart broken. The love I found last year ended and I've been recovering for past months, And V has fallen in love again with a proper decent bloke, which she so deserves.

I thought I might post this video of me reading our poem, because there is a little crack of sadness today, but also a smile because for me Valentine's Day is not just about being in love it's about the love we don't have yet, the love we left behind and the love we imagine for ourselves...

3 comments:

Tania Hershman said...

Lovely! So great to see you read, too. Thanks for this.

Sue Guiney said...

As Tania said, so do I :-) A lovely poem and a wonderful way to start my day, hearing you read it. thanks.

annie clarkson said...

Thanks Tania, and Sue! x